Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New Pillowcase Dress

It's been awhile (again) since I've posted.  I didn't realize how difficult it would be to keep up with a blog.  Good news is I've been working on lots of crafts since I last posted. :)  The first finished product I am going to share is the second pillowcase dress I made for Natalie.  I used an actual pillowcase for this one, so I finished it A LOT faster than the first one.


It only took 2 1/2 hours from start to finish with this dress.  And I even added a ribbon trim for this one!  I was proud of that. :)  


I used a Satin off-white ribbon for the ties and the trim.  I thought about putting trim at the top of the dress, but decided against it because it may have been too much.


 Here's the model...


She makes it so easy to make clothes because everything looks so cute on her! (if I do say so myself :) )


And one more of her pointing to her nose just because I think she's adorable. :)

So, there you have it!  I'm really getting used to the sewing machine and how it works, and I'm so excited for the possibilities of projects I can get done now.  I've since made another dress for a friend's daughter, also with trim.  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of it before I gave it to her.  I'm sure I'll have other dresses to share though. :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment