Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Natalie's First Christmas Ornament

After seeing a Baby's First Christmas Ornament that I loved on Etsy, I decided I would make one for her.  I bought the wooden cube and already had the scrapbook paper.

I decided to include her name, date of birth, time of birth, weight and length on three of the sides.  "Baby's First Christmas 2010" was on the fourth side.  I left the top and bottom blank (just the Christmas paper).  To get the information onto the scrapbook paper, I typed the information into a text box set to the size of the paper using Microsoft Word.  I used my paper cutter to cut the paper to the correct size.


I did all that LAST Christmas.  Everything was done with the ornament, I just needed to get a hook to hang it.  The poor lonely ornament spent 11 months sitting on my desk.  I finally bought the eye hooks last month, finished it up and hung it on the tree.


I love the way it turned out and hope that it becomes one of Natalie's favorite ornaments as she grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment