Sunday, October 2, 2011

CVS Trip Today--Spent $33, Saved $62.50 (65%)


Had a great trip today to CVS!  First of all, I know it probably sounds ridiculous, but I love the new CVS I found.  I was going to one, but it always seemed to be out of items that I needed.  I decided to go to a different one, about the same distance away and open 24 hours.  It is SO much better.  More in stock.  The people at both stores are very nice and coupon-friendly though.  Gotta love that!

So, my trip today.  I'm sure you can see in the picture what I got, but I'll put out the details for those of you interested in how I got 3 jumbo pack of Huggies for a total of  $5.72 with $1ECB back. :)

Transaction #1:
Jumbo Pack Huggies $8.99
   Used: $1ECB from last week
              $1 CVS Huggies coupon that printed from coupon machine
              $2ECB from taking pledge earlier this week to not trash ECBs
              $3 Huggies coupons
Total: $2.48, got $1ECB

Transaction #2:
2 boxes of Gain laundry detergent $5.97 each
     Used: 2 $2 Gain coupons
1 pack Charmin 16 rolls $10
     Used: 0.25 Charmin coupon
1 pack Bounty 8 rolls $7.49
     Used: 0.25 Bounty coupon
1 box Puffs tissues $0.99
**Above items were part of a spend $30, get $10ECB.**
2 jars Skippy Peanut Butter $1.66 each
     Used: $0.60/2 Skippy Coupon
1 bottle Dawn dish soap $0.99
     Used: $0.50 Dawn Plus coupon
1 bottle Mountain Dew $1.50 (Mark wanted some soda and we haven't bought any in awhile. :) )

I also used:  $1ECB from the previous transaction
                      $2.50ECB from the quarterly rewards from CVS
Total: $27.29, got $10ECB

Transaction #3:
2 packs Huggies diapers $8.99 each
     Used: 2 $3 Huggies coupons
               $10ECB from previous transaction
Total: $3.24

There you have it...spent exactly $33, saved $62.50 with coupons and sales.  And Natalie has diapers for about 3 weeks. :)  I'm a happy Mommy!  Have you started couponing?  What kind of deals have you gotten in the last week?

P.S. ECB stands for "Extra Care Bucks".  In the ad each week it tells you if you will get ECBs from your purchase.  These print out on the bottom of your receipt to use on your next transaction.  I like to plan my trips so that my next transaction is already in my cart and ready to go.  The cashiers don't mind this and are actually used to it.  Once you figure out how to use these to your advantage you can save a ton.  It took me a little bit to figure it out, but that's the case with pretty much everything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment