Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Natalie's Blanket

 I still have my baby blanket, and I still LOVE it.


I wanted Nat to have that same love for a blanket.  We received many, many blankets at our baby showers, but they just didn't seem to be "the one" to me.  So I decided to make one for her.  I guess technically it's a quilt since there is batting in it.  I bought the fabric at Joann's Fabric and the satin border and batting at Walmart.  I did not have a sewing machine at the time, so I hand-stitched the two pieces of fabric, batting and border together.  I'm not quite sure how long it it, but I don't mind doing projects like this, so it wasn't a bother.



 I worked on it at night after Natalie went to sleep and even took it with me when we went for our anniversary weekend to Gaylord Palms.


I love the way it turned out, and I think Natalie does too.  I hope she has as many fond memories of her baby blanket as I have of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment